BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 7..and 2 days

Monday, February 9, 2015

Symptoms: tired, nauseous, very gassy (I know I burp more than I should normally but now it’s just ridiculous), thirsty but hard to drink a lot of water because I feel so gassy. Hungry out of nowhere.

Cravings: Pickles (ha..so cliché), Kit Kats, baked potato with sour cream, bacon, cheese, and butter. The other night I could not sleep because I was so hungry. I really wanted to make chicken divan but it would take 30 minutes to bake not to mention how much time it would take to prepare it.  I made a potato instead and satisfied my chicken divan craving the next day. Mostly I have food aversions. I couldn't eat my banana yesterday at all and the tacos we had made a couple days ago...forget about them...they smell deee-gusting. 

Our Little Caterpie is as big as a blueberry: at week 7
  • She's generating about one hundred new brain cells each minute!
  • Not only is her brain becoming more complex, but her heart is too.
  • Also important: She's developing a permanent set of kidneys
  • Her arm and leg joints are now forming.

 Your .51-inch embryo doesn't exactly tip the scales just yet but she's developing like crazy. She's already doubled in size since last week

I am 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have some nausea and as well as just overall crumminess. I feel every morning is a push to get up. On Sunday I woke up the worst I have felt yet. I thankfully have not thrown up at all but I think that’s because I have some will power not to. Also on Sunday I was in one of those coma sleeps with some freaky weird dreams that made no sense. But, thankfully, the Lord has answered prayers so far to keep the nausea at bay during work.

I really do want to tell my students but know it’s way too soon to. One day I came in and they asked if I was sick. I told them I felt like I was hit by a bus. Another time, while teaching choreography and getting observed by my principal(gah! He makes me nervous!) I got super tired and had to catch my breath. They asked if I was okay. I knew there were comments on my evaluation that wouldn’t have been there if I was not pregnant. I’m also wondering when to tell my 3 bosses! That’s the only thing about this. I have to tell so many people over me.

While teaching my 6th graders on Friday I got so frustrated and fed up with how they were playing (awful and 4 of them forgot their instruments…which didn’t put me in a good mood). With 10 minutes to go I just gave up with them, told them that I was disappointed with how they were performing that day, that our hard work this week seemed worthless (crazy hormones having me say mean things…breaks my heart now to think about it), and I told them to pack up and study their notes. They knew something was up but I wasn’t going to tell them. At the end of class I noticed some rustling about in the students. I thought they were just getting antsy to get out of class. That may have been partly true but what I got was a letter that they had all signed saying, “Sorry you’re having such a bad day. We will try harder on Monday.” They gave it to me and my heart just melted. I told them, “You guys! I’m supposed to be mad at you!” As much as they sometimes drive me up the wall they are the sweetest, kindest kids. I really can’t wait to tell them! I’m just sad they won’t get to see this little caterpie.

John has been wonderful in helping out with those difficult mornings. He will get me things from the store if I’m craving them. Comfort me when I can't eat cookie dough....sad day. And he will bring me crackers or water in the morning. It’s amazing how much my love for him has grown even more in the past few weeks. It’s also so mind boggling to think that we are going to be raising a child together. This is such a new and exciting adventure in our lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment